Friday, October 8, 2010

We die, they will die, they understand...

This may sound a little odd, but one of the things I like about the Aesir and Vanar is that one day, far into the future, they will die, and they know it.  All that they have done will be gone and in their place their offspring will create their own new world.  One day I will die, my wife will die, my brother, sister-in-law, we shall all die, and we know it.  All that we are will pass and in our place our children will create their own world. 

The Gods understand the glory of creating, working, striving to put off that day of death, yet ultimately submitting to it.  Even when they do, they don't fear it.  They can look at me and mine and I can look at them and theirs and see reflected the courage in each of us to fight against that fate. 

I much prefer my Gods to have that in common with me rather than some alpha and omega creature that can never share my fear, happiness, and final fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment